Supplying information to the global sugar and ethanol industries for a quarter of a century.

REPORT

USDA Report

Sugar Annual Report, El Salvador – 23rd April 2019

By USDA

23rd April 2019

Sugar production in MY19 is estimated at 755,000 metric tons (MT). Based on new data provided by The Salvadoran Sugar Council (CONSAA) production for MY18 has been lowered to 757,000 MT.  CONSAA agreed to increase the share that producers receive of total sugar sales from 54.5 to 56 percent,  with the other 44 percent going to the sugar mills. Volatile international prices are increasing financial pressure to the sugar sector.  The draft law for production of alternative fuels, including ethanol…

You need to be signed in with our Sugar Starter plan or above to view this content

Subscribe or Update >

Already a subscriber? Log in >

Share this article on Twitter